Thursday, May 16, 2013

Disney Pin Trading, I’m Hooked!






         In January 2012, I took my first trip to Walt Disney World® in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. I had no idea what was about to take over as the ultimate hobby in my life. Before going there in 2012 for my long awaited honey moon, my wife had told me stories about Disney World and the excitement of Pin Trading. I had done a little research on Pin Trading before I went on the vacation, and I had collected about 10 pins before embarking on a life changing journey.

Upon arriving at the hotel in Florida, I went into pin frenzy when I saw the grand selection at the Walt Disney World® resort. Overnight my small collection of 10 pins exploded into a collection of 100 pins. It was lanyard after lanyard, trading with the Disney World Cast Members, I was hooked! Nothing would slow me down, and after spending roughly $1000 on Disney Pins, there was no stopping me at building my ultimate collection.

But the trip had to come to an end, I had successfully traded my pins. It was a long 2012, and the hunger for the thrill of Pin Trading grew and grew. I turned to Ebay and purchased a bigger collection to prepare for my next trip there. Sure enough,  we booked another trip to the magical Disney World for January 2013. This time I was ready and amassed 200 pins for trading this time, only this time my wife’s parents were coming along(and her dad being as big of a pin nut as myself), thus The Pin Boys was created. We made our way through the world trading with everyone we could find, only to be hungry for more.

Now I wait, I await my return to Disney World to trade more pins, I made this blog so other people interested in Pin Trading can read of my experiences and my pin collection. I now sit with a collection of 439 pins and growing. I intend to share my experiences and love of Disney Pin Trading with people.  Feel free to share your experiences with me as well.

Happy Trading
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                -The Pin Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment